Don’t Feel Guilty About Watching That TV Show or Movie
Have you ever felt guilty about watching that TV show or movie and not using the time wisely and working on your prepping. Well, no more. This does take some planning though. When you sit down and make your list of things you need to do, also plan what you can do during the 30 minute or 1 hour TV show or the 1 ½ to 2 hour movie while you are sitting down. If you have all of the supplies in front of you and have 2 hours to work on it what kind of a first aid kit could you put together? And yes, you probably would not concentrate as well on it as you would if you were not watching a TV show too, but you would be putting it together instead of it sitting and waiting for a time that you would be able to spend the time just on this. So, let’s think about what we could do when sitting down for a certain time frame and do.
- First Aid Kit
- Add to or remove a number of items in your backpack
- Air out your sleeping bag.
- Work on your family evac plan
- Write down important telephone numbers for each family member to carry with them–and then organize them on your computer to print as needed [PRN]
- Put dry food [rice, beans or powders] in 2 liter bottles and mark the date
- Put trail mix in smaller zip locking bags [unit dose or per serving]
- Put food bars or mixes into zip locking bags [unit dose]
- Try on the clothes you have in your backpack to make sure they still fit
- Change out the clothes in your children’s packs to something that will fit
- Go through catalogs
- Write up recipe cards or organize in notebook
- Fill up clean 2 liter Coke bottles with water
- Go through magazines
- Check your rope and rewrap
- Sharpen your knives
- Clean your gun
Do you get the idea? As long as you plan about 30 minutes before the show and gather all of the supplies, you have a good 1-2 hours to get these things done and then you don’t feel like you have wasted that time.